The Last Friday

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Last Friday

The Last Friday is a poetry editing group. Once a month, we post a poem and then offer feedback to the other poems on the Forum. We're a friendly but honest group. We value each other deeply and desire for every poet to be published or become famous.

3 posters

Is the title appropriate for the poem?

Dennis20

Is the title appropriate for the poem? Empty Is the title appropriate for the poem?

Post  Dennis20 Sat May 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Summer Life

After the red-blood of evening sun

I heard crickets tuning

as I strolled along the garden's green

and felt soft warmth of evening stars.

My sole sank into the soil,

into its cool and dark life,

but I have felt its life many times

with crickets waxing elequent

and evening stars gliding.
    tsukany
    tsukany

Is the title appropriate for the poem? Empty Seems Deeper than your current title

Post  tsukany Sat May 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Dennis

The poem takes me past life and into thinking about life itself. You have two references to "evening stars." Is that important enough to visit in a title? I wonder if another word for "red" in the first line might add to the music of line two or four. I really like the image of this one Dennis. Thanks for sharing it.
    Dewell H. Byrd

Is the title appropriate for the poem? Empty Title for Dennis's poem?

Post  Dewell H. Byrd Thu May 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Present title suggests a warm, lighthearted event but this poem may be too deep, philosophical for this title. I like how the poem moves along. I feel a bit sad when soul, deep, dark,etc invades my walk. I'd like to see this poem explore the subject further... another stanza or two. Love the crickets and their music. Good work, Dennis. Dewell
    Pat

Is the title appropriate for the poem? Empty Feels deep to me too. . . .

Post  Pat Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Titles to consider or get you going: Under the Burning Stars or Under a Starry Sky (burning because they were warming to you.) Under a Moonless Sky? (gardens tell us that it is summer)

I like the images I see. I see it with you as you walk. . . .under stars.

How about crimson sun? runaway sun?

Fifth line from bottom. . . . nice alliteration and depth.

If you want it light, I'd go with sweet soil and dark dirt, but if you want it deep, maybe felt its depth many times. . .

Check eloquent in spell check. . .

Nice. Sweet moment. I think I feel your appreciation for where you are. Pat

Sponsored content

Is the title appropriate for the poem? Empty Re: Is the title appropriate for the poem?

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm