The Last Friday

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Last Friday

The Last Friday is a poetry editing group. Once a month, we post a poem and then offer feedback to the other poems on the Forum. We're a friendly but honest group. We value each other deeply and desire for every poet to be published or become famous.

Where I am now with the musician poem. . . . Enough rest! The Sabbath is over. . . back to work!

Pat

Where I am now with the musician poem. . . .     Enough rest!  The Sabbath is over. . . back to work!   Empty Where I am now with the musician poem. . . . Enough rest! The Sabbath is over. . . back to work!

Post  Pat Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 am

Where Musicians Lead

One Sunday morning

three men pick and strum

curved guitars under glowing lights.

Another draws a bow

over submissive strings.

A fifth holds his harmonica to lips,

closes eyes and blows angelic sounds.

The woman at the piano reads no music,

but her fingers skip and play

grace notes.

Musicians, like shepherds, lead;

worshippers follow,

inhaling and bursting forth

in a song of praise,

lifting words of old

to the newborn king.

After the service,

the unhurried musicians

let the music run,

urging echoes to linger

around a babe in a manger

whose song is never done.

Pat Durmon, 2012
    dennis20

Where I am now with the musician poem. . . .     Enough rest!  The Sabbath is over. . . back to work!   Empty where I am Now

Post  dennis20 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:02 am

Pat,  Looks good.  I would suggest this for a little ear candy. "A fifth holds harmonica to lips, his eyes close, he blows angelic sounds"  However, that may add more than you want.
    Pat

Where I am now with the musician poem. . . .     Enough rest!  The Sabbath is over. . . back to work!   Empty Thanks, Dennis. . . .

Post  Pat Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 pm

noted and changed. . . I'm always trying to see the HIS and HER thing. . . .and sometimes I must use them, but I missed this one completely. Thank you. . . . good help. And I changed babe in a manger to manger-babe. Forest/trees. : )

Sponsored content

Where I am now with the musician poem. . . .     Enough rest!  The Sabbath is over. . . back to work!   Empty Re: Where I am now with the musician poem. . . . Enough rest! The Sabbath is over. . . back to work!

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 pm