The Last Friday

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Last Friday

The Last Friday is a poetry editing group. Once a month, we post a poem and then offer feedback to the other poems on the Forum. We're a friendly but honest group. We value each other deeply and desire for every poet to be published or become famous.

3 posters

Tis the season for short offerings. :)

tsukany
    tsukany

Tis the season for short offerings.  :)  Empty Tis the season for short offerings. :)

Post  tsukany Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:35 pm

This is just an image poem that I hope presses a bit outside of the frame.

SOLITARY BIRD

sits on the fence post
    barely visible to me
    ‘cuz of the snow storm.

She must wonder if
    it’s worth the flight
    after the lie of instinct.

---Sukany 21 March 2013
    Pat

Tis the season for short offerings.  :)  Empty SOLITARY BIRD poem response. . .

Post  Pat Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:32 am

I like it. I hear your voice so clearly. I can see the snow-covered bird. 2nd stanza: Oh, to question the instinct. . . . hmmm. To go with the gut instinct and then get caught in the snow storm. Sad. Nature. Reality. Yep, it moves outside the frame.

I like the all-caps in the title for the small poem. And the "must wonder". . . . Good way to say it. Pat
    Dewell H. Byrd

Tis the season for short offerings.  :)  Empty SOLITARY BIRD

Post  Dewell H. Byrd Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:56 pm

I like BIRD/BYRD poems. And I agree with Pat on all of her comments. Todd, I enjoy your economy of words here and in PROMISE (Spare-Mule). This poem is complete, yet I wanted a third stanza marrying solitary and instinct... is that worth pursueing? Would this poem be more "solitary" if not personafied? ... it instead of she? Short poems often speak volumes, don't they. Dewell

Sponsored content

Tis the season for short offerings.  :)  Empty Re: Tis the season for short offerings. :)

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 pm