The Last Friday

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Last Friday

The Last Friday is a poetry editing group. Once a month, we post a poem and then offer feedback to the other poems on the Forum. We're a friendly but honest group. We value each other deeply and desire for every poet to be published or become famous.

3 posters

I am trying a new approach to details in this poem.

tsukany
    tsukany

I am trying a new approach to details in this poem. Empty I am trying a new approach to details in this poem.

Post  tsukany Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 am

I am trying a new approach to details in this poem. Spinac10
    Pat

I am trying a new approach to details in this poem. Empty burritos personified

Post  Pat Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm thinking fireworks, showdown, cowboy stubble. : ) Spinach and verde: green tortillas. Mexican revolution. Spanish. Music. I like the images here and cold sweat (oxymoron). Not sure scurries fits this happening. Wonder if there might be a stronger verb that has some muscle to it. Do you need the last two lines? I'm thinking it may need to end with nightgown. Last two lines seem limp after the two stanzas above. I like your approach. Pat
    dennis20

I am trying a new approach to details in this poem. Empty I am trying a new approach

Post  dennis20 Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:58 am

I'm captured!  I don't think I was until the last line. I see this dream-nightmare pictured at 3 am with bicarb in hand at the sink.  I wish I had been able to grasp it before you told me it was a dream.  BTW (by the way) the thing missing is the beer.  Insert the word Corona somewhere and it would be complete.   Sorry I'm late.
    Pat

I am trying a new approach to details in this poem. Empty I reread your poem.

Post  Pat Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:26 am

Very descriptive. I can see those burritos ate you alive. : ) And so important a dream makes me smile today. And guess what? I was up last night with a heartburn! Pat
    tsukany
    tsukany

I am trying a new approach to details in this poem. Empty What about?

Post  tsukany Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:05 pm

What about replacing "scurries" with "Coronas." I like the insertion of alcohol and I like to mess with nouns as verbs.

as cold sweat
    Coronas to the pits
    of my nightgown (end poem with these lines...cut the last as Pat suggested)
    Pat

I am trying a new approach to details in this poem. Empty Yes, and Coronas are imported, aren't they,

Post  Pat Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:21 am

from Mexico? I have limited knowledge about all that. But, I think it works! I like it as a verb. Playful too. Your voice all over the place. Good work. Pat
    Dewell H. Byrd

I am trying a new approach to details in this poem. Empty Todd's nightmare poem?

Post  Dewell H. Byrd Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:22 pm

I like the last two lines... they release me from the tension... Yea! Corona or Pacificia? (In Cancun they told me they make Corona for Gringos & Pacifica for the natives.) Even the colors of green, red, fire, etc add power/tension to this piece. Good work. Dewell

Sponsored content

I am trying a new approach to details in this poem. Empty Re: I am trying a new approach to details in this poem.

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:49 am