The Last Friday

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Last Friday

The Last Friday is a poetry editing group. Once a month, we post a poem and then offer feedback to the other poems on the Forum. We're a friendly but honest group. We value each other deeply and desire for every poet to be published or become famous.

2 posters
  • Reply to topic

Ghost Stories

tsukany
tsukany

Ghost Stories Empty Ghost Stories

Post  tsukany Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:11 pm

Ghost Stories 

holy and un- 
innocence and release  

rejected them all 

straight and crooked logs
cut, stripped, 
piled to dry, then 
abandoned . . . 
could have built a house 

-- Todd Sukany 22 Apr 2024
Pat

Ghost Stories Empty Lost previous reply, trying again

Post  Pat Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 pm

Ghost stories.  I kept coming back to that.
Release stories?  Is that the kind when you let them go or give them permission to go? Left behind stories?

Holy stories and un-innocent stories.  Is that of goodness and victims?  Mysterious.

All rejected.  Got that.  No belief in ghosts and such stories.

More factual about logs.  Concrete. Believes in logs, stripped, piled, left behind, abandoned....
now I smile:   
could have built a house and had a closing that is finished and nonmysterious. 

Could have done something real.  Mystery in both the ghosts and the logs.  We don't know what happened.

Maybe could have built a haunted house?  

Short but interesting.  Well put together.  

Monticello, Arkansas has a haunted house on Main Street.  A book about it.  I grew up hearing stories.
May have impacted my thoughts here.  I forgot about that house and walking past it until today....
tsukany
tsukany

Ghost Stories Empty Thank you so much

Post  tsukany Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:19 pm

Pat

I started with a comparison, but I think it got lost . . . Holy Ghost vs un-holy ghost . . . innocence vs (no) release since the persona "rejected all.  Life becomes a collection of objects/stories that could build something of worth . . . but too few do.

Bless you

Todd
Pat

Ghost Stories Empty You tackled a big mystery here....

Post  Pat Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:25 pm

I see.  It's Holy Ghost and unholy ghost. It's a sad thing: Rejecting the true life and just going through motions, even happens in our churches. We have lost ones. When the Lord draws one, and his heart is willing, there's true life. When one says no, rejecting the Lord's call again and again, the outcome is as you say, "could have built a house".  Such a huge thing.  The contrast.

It's a tragedy and it's profound.  I don't know how to write about it.  But this poem is more than I've seen written about it.  Keep after it.... maybe pray about it?  It needs to be said.  

I'd say Holy Ghost and unholy ghost.  (to keep people like me on-track....no telling where some of us will go with ghosts.)  And really, you are talking about the consequences of rejecting the Holy Spirit.  Wow!

May God bless what you are trying to put out there,
Pat

Sponsored content

Ghost Stories Empty Re: Ghost Stories

Post  Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:40 pm