The Last Friday

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Last Friday

The Last Friday is a poetry editing group. Once a month, we post a poem and then offer feedback to the other poems on the Forum. We're a friendly but honest group. We value each other deeply and desire for every poet to be published or become famous.

3 posters

I like the sounds in this poem. Is the content clear?

tsukany
    tsukany

I like the sounds in this poem.  Is the content clear? Empty I like the sounds in this poem. Is the content clear?

Post  tsukany Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:00 am

Positioning

If I were a snakebird
    I would stretch my wings

to dry, for all to see, for me
    to soak-in the heat of a Florida

July morning. My image
    would grace this ‘glade

and break the gray weather-
    won trunks, boasting their satisfied

‘cane survivals to the ecosystem
    below the surface. Yet, I run to the relative
    safety of this room to type.

--Sukany 26 July 2012
    Dewell H. Byrd

I like the sounds in this poem.  Is the content clear? Empty Positioning by Todd

Post  Dewell H. Byrd Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:11 am

I enjoy reading this poem aloud. Elsa likes it too. However, the last line of S 4 and first two lines of S 5 leave us confused as to meaning. Todd, is it weather won or weather worn?

Is your typing Pat's gravy? Dewell
    Pat

I like the sounds in this poem.  Is the content clear? Empty I like the sounds too. . .

Post  Pat Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:38 pm

alliterative and assonance . Nice. So is the imagery.

I have trouble getting the last lines too. I understand first 3 stanzas. I can picture that. But when you get to weather-won trunks, I start my guessing. Is it the trunks of the cane? that boast? Ecosystem below water or ground is working on / referring to cane?

Sounds like you don't stay with the joy of it; instead, you turn to type your poem? Is that right?

Todd, what if you clarify those last 4 lines and add another stanza? Yet, I hurry and reposition myself/ in the relative safety. . . and type. . . .

I've seen buzzards stretch wings after a downpour to dry their wings: amazing! memorable. . . Pat

Sponsored content

I like the sounds in this poem.  Is the content clear? Empty Re: I like the sounds in this poem. Is the content clear?

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:22 pm