The Last Friday

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Last Friday

The Last Friday is a poetry editing group. Once a month, we post a poem and then offer feedback to the other poems on the Forum. We're a friendly but honest group. We value each other deeply and desire for every poet to be published or become famous.

2 posters
  • Reply to topic

For Greater Glory

tsukany
tsukany

For Greater Glory Empty For Greater Glory

Post  tsukany Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:19 pm

For Greater Glory (haibun)

The preacher, a prophet, a self-proclaimed rambler looks us over. Up then down. Down then up. Reminds us The Preacher, Himself, trusted the apostles enough to engage a "return to sender." Of course, we're satisfied--an appetizer of songs, readings, and welcomes. We're settling in now, once the silence clears, easing back into the benches. The rambler invites us to close our eyes and consider the importance, not of our bold praying, but of the One Who Listens. 

Oak leaves brittle 
    in layers on the brush
    --magnifying glass

-- Todd Sukany 26 Feb 2024
Pat

For Greater Glory Empty prose and haibun combo

Post  Pat Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:28 pm

Touching.  Both of them.

John Han had us write one or two last year at Lucidity.  Interesting... really.  I did not trust my memory. I looked up the how-to write one.  

I think you followed the instructions well: setting, scene, moment.  Also, I followed the poem easily.  Nice work.  Intrigued with the prose.: nice closely.  Enchanted by the haibun, suspecting a fire is about to be started but that's not said. 

Yes, nice job.
tsukany
tsukany

For Greater Glory Empty Thank you profoundly

Post  tsukany Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:35 pm

Pat

Yes, yes, and yes.  I was hoping to show a fire gets started (a good, gospel one) by the tiny prayers of the saints.

Bless you for your time.

Todd

Sponsored content

For Greater Glory Empty Re: For Greater Glory

Post  Sponsored content

• Reply to topic