The Last Friday

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Last Friday

The Last Friday is a poetry editing group. Once a month, we post a poem and then offer feedback to the other poems on the Forum. We're a friendly but honest group. We value each other deeply and desire for every poet to be published or become famous.

3 posters
  • Reply to topic

Trying a little form here. I keep reworking it. Need your wise eyes.

Pat

Trying a little form here. I keep reworking it. Need your wise eyes. Empty Trying a little form here. I keep reworking it. Need your wise eyes.

Post  Pat Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:56 pm

Sending Poems Out and About

I help little poems follow air currents,

slipping behind the house,

landing atop bamboo shoot swaying.

I lift them lively—

balloons, climbing higher than the barn

near the woods.

I turn them bit by bit—

hard-shelled turtles, trudging along

as they cross dirt roads.

I guide poems watchfully—

ivy, climbing limestone structures

on college campuses.

I whistle pieces out of me—

my way of taking tads of me

into the world

because you are out there somewhere

waiting for a little light

for your journey.
tsukany
tsukany

Trying a little form here. I keep reworking it. Need your wise eyes. Empty Couple observations

Post  tsukany Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:04 am

Pat

I love the idea of this poem.  I like the lightness.  

I think that turtles is the opposite image of the main sections of the poem.  Keep the images light and moving upwards:  air, bamboo, ivy.

Then the poem turns to preachment at the end:  "I write poems because YOU need me to reader."  The persona just needs to report:  "I send poems out.  There.  That's it."

That's my observation for what it's worth.

Todd
Pat

Trying a little form here. I keep reworking it. Need your wise eyes. Empty Sending poems out

Post  Pat Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:28 pm

Good feedback.   Thank you, Todd.  Helped me cut it to 12 lines too.  Smile
renee.barger
renee.barger

Trying a little form here. I keep reworking it. Need your wise eyes. Empty I loved it too!

Post  renee.barger Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:48 pm

I had so much fun reading this poem. I don't know if this is what you meant to do with the poem, but I had two images that I think work. Image one: Helping your own poems by editing them and lifting them upward. Image two: Helping/mentoring younger poets. You share poetry with younger poets and help lift theirs up too.

Reading what Todd wrote, I agree. I hadn't thought of those things when I read it, but I see his point and agree.  

Thanks for sharing this fun poem! (And sorry I'm a little late again. Friday came and went so fast!)

Sponsored content

Trying a little form here. I keep reworking it. Need your wise eyes. Empty Re: Trying a little form here. I keep reworking it. Need your wise eyes.

Post  Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:05 am